Friday, 6 March 2009

wk 6: Meeting minutes

Week 6 meeting minutes:

-(First part of meeting minutes illegible!)-

Dan: Did we tell you about the mouse over idea?

Paul: No it was only us three who spoke about it after last weeks meeting.

Dan: Basically we discussed about having a rollover on the pictures of everyone so that When the page loads we all have normal pictures but when you roll the mouse over it shows a pic of us pulling a silly face.

Ben: So we have two photos of everyone, one serious and one silly?

Paul: Yes.

Ben: would there be a way to randomise the list of pictures so that one person isn't always at the top of the page?

Dan: Yes we would have to randomise them with Actionscript.

Paul: We'd need to create a blank movieclip which Actionscript can load a persons picture in using the Math.random function but then we'd need to copy that 30-ish times and tell each movieclip not to load a picture that has already been used.

Hayley: How about having black and white photos?

James: Black and White looks smart.

Ben: What is the colour Scheme for the website.

Paul: Well that is virtually set because alot of it has been done by the graphics team already.

Hayley: can we cut out the hand from their image.

Paul: Yeah we can have a fiddle around with their images, I'm gonna get hold of all of the stuff from the team this week.
By the way this meeting will be on the blog.

Ben: I havent got the address.

Paul: I emailed it to everyone on Hayley's mailing list.

-(Announcement about £5 contribution)-

Hayley: Hasn't the uni got a mailing box.

Dan: Yes they should have a machine that stamps all of their letters.

James: A Frankin machine.

Jo: who's the Project Manager?

Hayley:Me.
We have a template, and have split into groups.

-list groups-

Hayley: The photos will be in black and white.

Jo: you may need a list of people.

Dan: can we put our letters in the uni's mailing box to save money?

Jo: I'll do it for you.

Hayley: Ben had an idea about randomising the list of photos on the website so that it isn't the same people at the top.

Jo: You will need to lias with the graphics team.
You must also include the Anglia Ruskin logo on the website..

Dan: what about the costs of the website.

Paul:Oh yeah it will be about £10

Ben: I won't cost that much.

Paul:Well it will be a couple of quid, maybe £4 for the hosting service then up to £8 quid for a domain name.
_________
(To exhibition group)
Paul: Is this group running the finance?

Chris: Yeah

Paul: do the uni have a server.

Jo: Yes but the won't let you host it because the uni won't do it.

Chris: I'll make a finance list for each group to write how much money they will need.
______

Paul: Chris will email the finance list to you.

Hayley: Can you be in charge of that?

Paul: yes.

Dan: we need to do a template.

Paul: the standard nowadays is 800x600px

Dan: we should do 1024x768px

Mariam: can I have a copy of the template.

Hayley: yes

Dan: do you think we should have page transitions?

Paul: yes otherwise theres not much point in using flash!

Dan: how about having pixels turn to show the page behind, how would that work?

Paul: thats easy all we need to do is make a blank movieclip with a mask below.

Jo: I will need an example of your work next week.
_______________

After positively minutes I managed to make a demo of the page transition. It only uses 4 boxes for this test but imagine it for maybe 40 or more boxes/pixels. Below is the link.

www.ccvisions.co.uk/pixel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment